Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Peace Is Abundant 11-15

The images are on 30x40" canvas on a 3/4" stretcher bar. To see all of the images on one page visit www.amycernyvasterling.com Click on the Peace Is Abundant link. Eleven: “Embrace” I made a painting called “Authenticity which is not a part of this body of work. However, it inspired many ink drawings on canvas which follow #11. In “Embrace” the clearly executed lines show the interaction to be clean, the color choices and placement lend to our expectations about what love is and how it feels and looks. Maybe my true desire is to give a message about living from expectancy vs. expectation. "Embrace" 11
Twelve: -Untitled- In this series (as I am writing this I have completed about 50 canvases) I see some of the canvases and have a bit of fear to share them. This is one! I’ve felt it out and my decision is to show the progression, the good, the bad & the ugly. It is not for me to judge, every creation has a home and selling art is like finding a match in the purchase of a home. It must speak to a really deep inner part of us and every canvas has the opportunity. There also is a concept about an inner goblin, that voice which tells you to do things that really aren’t good for you. Maybe this is mine. Untitled (12)
Thirteen: “Fish Market” I was headed to bed one night and saw this image. I got up and drew it out, then in the coming week drew it with ink. It is simple circles, the style is a bit naïve but the busy feel is picked up even in the simplicity. "Fish Market" 13
Fourteen: I made this and had a laugh. It looks like a puppet from Sesame Street, a favorite show as a child. I think it was giving my hands to my inner child in doing this work. As you’ll see in the next images the style pulls tighter and I have had success in making paintings in this style. One of which is “Wild Child” under “Oils” on my website. "Allowing the heart" 14
Fifteen: “Perception” Our perceptions are driven by resistance to our past and anxiety about the future. When we approach life from the present we achieve something greater in our experience, peace. If we continue operating from a state of fear, this serves no one. The character in the middle of the image is viewing his right hand, he’s showing a ‘cool exterior” that he is fine, yet his head is not so well attached to his body, what he knows is changing and he’s unsure what to trust, unsure if this newness in his hand positive for him. "Self Perception" 15
Please email me at amy@amycernyvasterling.com to get pricing on for the images. The canvases can be shipped for an extra charge in the United States and Internationally. Thanks, Amy

No comments: