Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Best watercolor in the travel field journal goes to....

I visited the State Fair preview night tonight. My mom celebrated with me and the throngs of people who came to see their shining art. There was even a guy that we kept seeing (he had a distinctive look) and when he met up with his art he was in love with it and when we turned to see it, there he was in the painting! Wow, in love with his art and himself. It was like performance art for the small group that unexpectedly walked the show together. My mom and I had a snicker, the others faked interest, bowed heads low and moved on. Very Minnesotan! Beautiful art some of it. Somehow my piece seems adolescent but I think it is just the beginning of a style and I honor myself for speaking in my true artistic voice.

Here is are some watercolor paintings from our recent trip to Santa Fe and Steamboat.





1 comment:

Nina Crittenden said...

Ooh, these are fine paintings, Amy! I really love the one up top with the power lines- they are lovely! You have been quite the busy lady, sorry that I haven't been to your blog in a while... Fun birdhouses, and congrats again on selling your art at the Fair (I loved that post, by the way. You are funny!)!